Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Bought a House at Peregrine Street

Back in HS we had this idea that we should live under one roof. I think the whole idea was basically hatched out of fear of growing up alone. For me that fear kinda dissipated over time although I must admit it did define some decisions I’ve made in the past. Right now I think the idea of living with my friends is more like this longing to come home to a family of friends where you can talk about things that you can’t talk about with your parents.

This blog is that house. I hope that this blog captures all the would-be conversations we’ll be having inside that house while waiting for the real thing amidst our own financial juggling.  I hope that this blog gets to document our lives’ many moments – the peaks, the valleys, and the turns. I hope that you use this blog as a time capsule that somewhere along the road ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty five, thirty, etc years from now we can all look back on how well we lived the life that was given to us the best way we knew how. I hope fervently that we get to inspire people but more especially each other in this blog not just with the good parts that life gives us but the bad ones as well which make everything bittersweet thus making it truly BEAUTIFUL.  I hope that you use this blog generously as your personal sounding board and that it would be our rally point, a constant source of our timely shot of confidence and more importantly courage. I hope this blog be a repository of our unnecessary fears where we can store it all in and let it all fade. I hope this blog enables us to chase our many dreams and hopes. I hope that this blog will be a “dream come true” for you.

abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment