Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hey September!

Hey.

Super haggard. Two months into this new position and i am starting to believe that this Operations Head post is a big big joke. Why would they give this to me?? I mean i throw slapstick jokes every 15 minutes. I sing loudly while i work. I make kindat to my cute male staff and snarl at the pretty girls. On the onset i have to admit that i was flattered they considered me. Well i'd like to believe i did a good job in my 6 months stint in collections. But now that im so overwhelmed im thinking if 6 months was too soon? 6 months in collections and you get catapulted to man the whole operations? Parang parusa ata.

To be honest minsan naiiyak ako sa work kapag sobrang dami. I know i can delegate but i still haven't mastered the art of saying NO. As if everyone is predestined to get a special accommodation. A part of me wants to be a brat and say: OMG! This is so unfair! Why do i get appointed in to this while sumasabog yung operations? Why do i have to work out 4 years long overdue audit replies? Why do i have to those long over due audit replies while being audited simultaneously 2 audit teams? Why do i have to learn everything about operations while doing the 4 years long overdue audit while juggling 2 current audit teams? Why do i have to babysit co-officers who are older than me? Why do i have to be the one to get bothered by non-sensical things as broken doorknobs, rampant toilet paper theft, etc?

The immature part of me wants to be salvaged out of this by merely claiming that the odds are against me, im new, and it is unfair. But there's a bigger part of that wants to just suck it all up, go with it and be an adult. And i think that's what i am doing. Actually that's what i have been doing. I just need some reminding that this is the better way of doing things.

Adult stuff. Adult stuff. Adult stuff.

Anyway, before i got sucked into this mayhem that is OPS i had plans to enroll at Slim's for some form and free-hand drawing classes. I've been re-thinking how much longer my learning curve will be kasi i really really wanna enroll na. I also had this plan of transferring to another company. I've been eyeing this foreign bank and judging from the vacancies they have and their corresponding qualifications hindi ako makapaniwala na pwede yata ako mag-demand ng AVP na position. Haha. Pang-matanda! Pero if ginawa ko yun i fear that that might push me to a road where there are no more U-turns... Tama? Shet. Tatanda ako sa corporate. But then again, who am i kidding?? I've never been afraid to do do-overs, u-turns and starting at square one. =)

September.

Birthday ni Verna nung September 01. Happy Birthday, Verna! Will see you this month for our quarterly gossips.

Birthday din ni Arvin at Reuel sa September 27. Yehey! White Bird na ito! =)

Wala pa ako tulog... Sabi ng staff ko ang pangit ko daw... Last day na niya bukas. Bwahahaha!

-abbey

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* abbey!

    i hope hindi mo sinisante yung staff mo... haha.

    looking forward to our quarterly update. magtext ka lang. you know i'm flexi naman. :)

    white bird? seryoso? galing na ko dun, nakaka-umay.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete