Friday, September 23, 2011

script


"We should be more like normal people. Jumping from one relationship to the next."

"Who said that's normal? Say most people. Not normal."

"Fine. We should be more like most people. One relationship to the next."

"Why would we want to be like most people? We're different than most people."

"There you go. This is that part of you, that Ally part. Well, Ally didn't end up with anyone. She ended up with a kid."

"But she moved to New York. Things are more exciting in New York. Who knows? She may have found him there. If it were up to me, she would've found him there."

"Really. Keep the hope alive."

"Well if there's one thing I learned from Ally, it's hoping."

...we're gonna stop by drinking our cheap bottles of wine
sit talking up all night
saying things we haven't for a while...


"Is it weird that I feel this song? I mean, it isn't like I've been through this big heartbreak."

"I get it. I feel it too. Just the thought that someone can love as much."

"Yeah. Right."

... smiling but we're close to tears, 
even after all these years
we just now got the feeling that we're meeting 
for the first time...


"This happens all the time you know. Everytime we get together, you and I. I feel absurdly happy, and then this loneliness creeps up on me when we're about to part."

"Yeah I know how it is."

"I miss you."

"You say that all the time. And we promise to see each other and talk more and we'll go around to it in like, six months after our agreed date."

... and we both now how
how we're going to make it work 
when it hurts...



"I'm glad I shared this with you. My Law world."

"Glad to be in it."

"Was I different in there? From what I really am?" 

"Yeah. Different. I like that version of you better."

"How so?"

"Well, you were more assertive. More self-assured. Back in High School you were just going with the flow."

"Yeah, but I was happy then being just that."

"You were good, you know."

"Are you just saying that because we're friends?"

"No, you were really good. And I'm happy you're going for your dreams and you're almost there."

"That's what you do with your dreams. You make it happen. You don't just forget about it when you become a capitalist and get a car and a place of your own. You owe it to yourself to go for it."

... when you pick yourself up, 
you get kicked to the dirt
tryin' to make it work, but, man, these times are hard...


"There's really something between you two..."

"Seriously?! Please stop. Seriously. You concluded that just by looking at us?! Seriously."

"I think you should go take a shot."

"I'm not having this conversation with you."

"Because you're afraid it might turn into something else. Something possible."

"Oh just shut up."

... these times are hard, 
they're making us crazy
don't give up on me, baby...


"You know what I'm thinking right now? I'm thinking I want you to drive and drive and never stop."

"I think you're gonna write tonight."

"I think I will."



 -lynn

6 comments: