Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Anxious / Excited

Spent the whole day training on Six Sigma. I needed the refresher course on it since i'm mentoring three people who i'm planning to promote to AM hopefully this year. If everything goes right, i've promoted a total of 5 staff to officership positions. I think these are little great trophies in my 5 years at BPI. Looking back there are about 4-5 i would have wanted to promote too: Rona and Nervs from FTD (now RPD), Raul, Nelson, and Bryan from West Cash Center. Here at Leasing, aside from the 3 i am currently mentoring, im looking at two oldies... Won't mention their names just in case anyone from Leasing gets to read this.

Back to the training. HR-Training premises are fully-booked that my training this morning was relocated to our office canteen. How pathetic. For consolation, it was conducted inside a conference room with wide windows where you can see the Enterprise building and the few 'BPI Trees'.

The facilitator was good. All in all i think i yawned twice only. But i must confess that in between her rabid discussions i couldn't help but notice how sunny and windy it was outside. Perfect weather for me. Texted Arvin that it's a beautiful day! He said: Tama! Replied to Kenneth's text informing me that he was on SL (he wasn't sick but he said he badly needed rest) that it's bright and windy here at HO. He texted back: Happy ka? And i said: Yeah!!

There's something about today that made me excited. Maybe because i could see that it's bright outside, uber windy and im freezing cold at the sametime (killer airconditioning buti na lang i have my ratty old jacket) and that reminded me of the holidays. Then it dawned on me that August is fast approaching and the 'Ber' months will soon come in. How many holiday get-togethers will i have this year? and with whom? Thinking about it makes me really excited. =) Will have one with my family of course! Yogi. Minnie. Rae. Rg. and Me. I think i love how my sister's wedding changed our family dynamics. It makes our lakads extra special since we now consciously make an effort to bond. And our lakads lately have been like barkada thingys... Food trip here. Food trip there. And you'll love how refreshing this is to my Papa and Mama. I think we now have the youth vote when go out kasi 5 na kami and 3 of us are kiddies. Syempre i think the fact the all of us are earning also adds to the new dynamics.

Will also have one with my Super Friends. Friends I will never get tired of. Thone. Zen. Lyn. Arvin. Jervin. Reuel. Mako. Kristi (i miss). Isama na rin natin si Llou at Paga. Siguro aside from my family, my faith, Paeng, sila na siguro ang pinakablessing for me. Super thankful to have them. Somehow i feel that our dynamics are changing as well. I think slowly but surely each one of us are living our own lives na. Mako i think took the lead about 2 to 3 years ago. But i love how he makes it a point to organize biglaang roadtrips or foodtrips from time to time. Lyn has her Law, her home-based job and Mcdo Gang. Kristi naman hello motherhood. Jervin's newly promoted, busy with Sugar and has been so diligent sa gym. Reuel i haven't heard much since. I think busy rin at sumasabay. Renzen has his Kuya duties at NEU. Llou is also gym-ing and went back to being a labor statistic. Paga i don't know. Haha. Then there's Arvin, who i think is busy making plans for changes in his life. And i am excited for him. Siguro a year ago i'd be jealous and emotional about this. I mean my friends having lives outside our friendship. But now that it is happening, ang happy pala ng feeling. I don't feel threatened at all that we'll drift apart. I feel pa nga na okay siya kasi exciting na magsama-sama ulit. And i'm dying to hear their stories.

I would most probably have a dinner with Verna. It'll be our quarterly what's-up-with-your-life meeting. This one im excited about kasi Verna brings in a different perspective. So it would be wonderful to see things thru her eyes. Of course im also excited to hear a good dose of chikka and gossip on personalities from my past life. I would most probably see Karol and Ernie as well. It would be a raucus to have us four for dinner. Pero i like a moment with Verna muna. Then another lakad with all four of us.

I've been seeing Ziggy alot lately since i hang out alot at Moonleaf Tea in Maginhawa. Ito na siguro ang bagong tambayan for 2011. Although maaga pa baka meron pa sumulpot sa mga susunod na buwan. Most probably will have another lunchout. I met him nung Holy Week for some Unholy burgers. Francis/Nikko naman quit Manulife and he's now here in Makati as in walking distance from my office. He asked me to have dinner but no firm commitments so far. Most probably i'll make it a point na matuloy ito. I was so happy to bump into him at Starbucks but i'm equally guilty as well because i spent like 10 secs with him because i had to go back to the office.

For my Leasing family and BPI na rin. I promise i'll exert more effort joining your invites. I know. Movies. Dinners. Inumans. Joggings. I've said no to all of them. But I promise i'll join you guys soon. Last ko yatang movie with you guys yung Esther pa. Im sure pasabog na naman ang xmas party natin.

I'm also highly expecting that i'll be spending alot of time with my BPI Teamates/Tea Tea Mates. I think this year's roster is way more fun and closer than our team last year. We saved some money for more midnight volleyball games at Ninoy and Xavier. If ever we ran out of moolah there's always Project 8. We've discovered our common interest in Tennis (Last year Badminton) recently so our Sunday afternoons fully-booked na. Late nights at Moonleaf Tea would surely continue specially now that Ritche includes it in his after-class regimen. Yam just im'd me that we'll be having a tune up game with JT Team next month. Something to look forward to. I'm happy how Ken, Kenneth, Jeff and I have developed this healthy type of friendship. I think i may have found life-long friends in them. Ana/Gian and Ritche are on the same league. Actually the whole gang of Subic 10 is - Jo. Mark. Yam. Rob. Kiko.

While thinking all of these makes me excited, it also dawned on me that there's one person who i won't be seeing this coming holiday season. Jeff's leaving for Singapore this August. Last day here at BPI on July 29. I think of all the people in the team, Jeff has been my best friend. I will miss his 'One More Chance' type of humor. Yes the corny but endearing type. Lately, Ana/Gian, Jeff and I have been bus/mrt-mates when going home. I don't know why all of sudden we do this after office bonding. Im enjoying it but at the same time i know it'll kill because im gonna miss this when he's gone.

Gusto ko pa sana magsulat. Pero tapos na si Gian maggym. Nandito na si Jeff sa harap ko. Nawala ako sa mood magdrama.

-abbey

1 comment:

  1. Abbey,

    im so *excited* for you! im sure the 1st half of your 2011 was beautiful, the second half is going to be even better.

    we don't see each other often but at least we meet at home. :)

    and, i miss you too. *hugs*

    -verna

    ReplyDelete